With the Academy Awards just one week away, nominees are busy fretting about dresses, fitting tuxedoes, and finalizing acceptance speeches. On Oscar night, winners will be toasted, achievements will be lauded, and some films may even get a “bump” at the box office when it’s all over.
Oscar losers, however, shouldn’t get too down; the list of goodie bag items is here.
According to Variety, all nominees for best actor/actress, best supporting actor/actress, and best director will get gift bags worth roughly $125,000, including:
- Luxury train ride through the Canadian rockies ($14,500)
- French Mediterranean sea salts ($1,500)
- Three-night stay at a resort in Tuscany ($1,500)
- “Glamping” trip ($12,500)
- One year of Audi A4 car rentals ($20,000)
- Reset Yourself “lifestyle makeover package” ($14,200)
- Afterglow vibrator ($250)
- Haze vaporizer ($200)
- Wellness 360 gift pack ($1,200)
- Custom candy and dessert buffet gift certificate ($800)
- Custom silver necklace with latitude and longitude coordinates of Dolby Theater engraved ($150)
That’s just a small sampling of all the swag the nominees will get; the Hollywood Reporter has the full list.
But perhaps the most interesting, and, according to bag-maker Distinctive Assets, the most “highly valued” gift, is a $20,000 gift certificate for mind-reading lessons from Enigma Life founder Olessia Kantor. Kantor will fly out to each celebrities’ location “to discuss their 2015 horoscope, analyze dreams, and teach them mind-control techniques.”
This year’s bag looks to be a step up from last year’s, although the 2014 edition did have a walking tour of Japan valued at $15,000 in it. For what it’s worth, the bags are created and given out by an independent marketing company; the Academy actually voted in 2006 to discontinue the gift bags when the IRS came knocking.
Maybe Kantor could spare us the ceremony and just let us know who wins this year.