Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton repeatedly could not “recall” the answers to 27 different questions from the FBI about her private email server and communications habits. Clinton also specified that she did not “remember” details of her emailing and classification habits at least 12 times.
Below are some of the highlights from the redacted FBI interview transcripts released to the public today.
- Clinton could not recall a specific process for nominating a target for a drone strike.
- Clinton did not recall using a flip phone during her time as Secretary of State.
- Clinton did not recall how any data stored on her Blackberry device was destroyed.
- Clinton could not recall why State was unable to provide her with a secure Blackberry.
- Clinton did not recall receiving any emails she thought should not be on an unclassified system.
- Clinton did not recall her specific conversations regarding the creation of the clintonemail.com domain.
- Clinton did not recall receiving guidance from State regarding email policies outlined in the Foreign Affairs Manual.
- Clinton did not recall any specific routine for deleting email from her account while Secretary of State.
- Clinton did not recall a specific cable about securing personal email accounts sent to employees.
- Clinton did not recall that the cable correlated with Bryan Pagaliano upgrading the clintonemail.com email server.
- Clinton did not recall ever contacting Pagaliano for technical support for her email account.
- Clinton did not recall specifically who had access to Clinton’s Blackberry and email accounts.
- Clinton did not recall any other individuals being offered an account on clintonemail.com besides Huma Abedin.
- Clinton stated she did not recall the compromise of State employees gmail accounts.
- Clinton did not recall using an iPad mini until after her tenure as Secretary of State.
- Clinton did not recall Jacob Sullivan using his Google email account for official business.
- Clinton said she did not recall a specific FOIA request on an email dated December 11, 2012.
- Clinton did not recall specifically who made recommendation to change her email address after it was publicly disclosed in March 2013.