Special Ops Veterans Call Out Boehner Over Unanswered Benghazi Questions
Special Operations Speaks (SOS), a group of Special Forces veterans, sent a letter to House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) dated April 17, calling him to account on what they see as his lackadaisical approach to investigating the Benghazi terrorist attack on September 11, 2012.
We write you out of grave concern that the events of 9/11/12 in Benghazi are being given insufficient attention in the House of Representatives under your leadership. On numerous occasions, you demonstrated satisfaction with the White House's response to Congressional inquiries, despite the lack of accountability and of specificity of testimony in those inquiries. To date, you have also refused to form a Select Committee to fully investigate what took place during the terrorist attack.
The letter asks Boehner 16 questions for which SOS wants answers. In particular, the letter asks:
1. Why was there no military response to the events in Benghazi?
2. What, if any, non-military assistance was provided during the attack?
3. How many U.S. personnel were injured in Benghazi?
4. Why have the survivors of the attack not been questioned?
5. Where are the survivors?
6. Who was in the White House Situations Room (WHSR) during the entire 8-hour period of the attacks, and was a Senior U.S. Military Official present?
7. Where were Leon Panetta and General Martin Dempsey during the crisis, and what inputs and recommendations did they make?
8. Where were Tom Donilon, the National Security Advisor, Dennis McDonough, his deputy, Valerie Jarrett, and John Brennan during attacks, and what (if any) recommendations or decisions did any of them make?
SOS requested that Boehner respond to all questions within one week. If he can't do that, they ask him to form a Select Committee "to investigate the incident in depth."
In that way, they believe Boehner can "fulfill [his] duty to the American people and to the families of the fallen."
If Boehner refuses to take any action, SOS requests he be replaced with a House Speaker "who WILL see to it that answers are forthcoming."