Sensei had mixed results last week. This week looks to be a franchise first.
Sensei’s weekend predictions and revenue results go as follows:
1. “Star Trek Into Darkness” ($92 million) – Buzz is very positive right now, and Star Trek(at its core) still remains one of the most conversative franchisesever created. Franchise will set a new mark this weekend by achievingits highest weekend opening ever.
2. “Iron Man 3” ($34 million) -Will break the $330 million domestic mark. That’s pretty incredible forits third week. The film is also already set to break the billion dollarmark worldwide. Tony Stark, indeed.
3. “The Great Gatsby” ($24 million) – Film did very well last week, but a high drop is inevitable against such strong competition.
4. “42” ($2.8 Million) – Film will not pass A League Of Their Own to become the biggest baseball film of all time. Film is now assured to finish a solid runner-up.
5. “Pain and Gain” ($2.5 million) – Looks to break the $45 million mark. Not too shabby with its cheap production cost ($26 million).
That’s Sensei’s calls. Enjoy the weekend.