Skip to content

‘100 Percent False’: Team Rubio Denounces Another Claim Marco Will Drop Out


Marco Rubio’s campaign is denying a second report suggesting that the Florida Senator is considering dropping out of the race before the Florida primary.

Fox Business reporter Charles Gasparino reported today that Rubio’s donors told him that the Florida Senator would suspend his campaign, unless there’s a positive poll for his campaign.


“I know for a fact this report is 100 percent false,” Rubio communications director Alex Conant responded on Twitter after Breitbart News questioned him about the report.

Recent polls show Rubio losing by double digits to his rival Donald Trump, after losing four states on Tuesday.

But Conant challenged the notion that Rubio would drop out of the race ahead of the primary. “Marco will be on debate stage tomorrow and 100 percent committed to winning Florida,” he wrote.

Earlier this week, Conant also challenged a report from CNN citing advisors who suggested that the Florida senator should drop out of the race. “100 percent false,” Conant said, appearing on CNN to debunk the report.

Comment count on this article reflects comments made on and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.