On Friday, the Fox News Channel’s “On the Record” anchor Greta Van Susteren stated that the Obama administration called her to get reporter Jennifer Griffin to drop a report that there was a stand down order on the night of the night of the September 11, 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi.
“The Obama administration’s behavior post-Benghazi has been weird, like they’re hiding something. First, that silly story about that video” she said. And “remember the days right after the attack the State Department had a conference call to brief all the media and excluded Fox News? When confronted, the State Department apologized and said it was an oversight. Really? An oversight? Well it happened again, a short time later. This time the CIA giving a media briefing, and guess who was specifically excluded? You got it. Fox News. Why? Well, I think Fox News is being punished for aggressively asking questions, and doing our jobs”
She added “a few weeks later, when reporter Jennifer Griffin said she was told that there was a stand down order at Benghazi, I got a weird call from the Obama administration trying to pressure me to get Jennifer to back down on her report. I thought the call from the Obama administration was dirty.” And “there has been more. As recently as April, after the administration said it turned over all the information, an email surfaces that had been withheld in the face of repeated requests. Are you suspicious? I don’t know about you, but I wasn’t born yesterday.”
(h/t The Gateway Pundit)
Follow Ian Hanchett on Twitter @IanHanchett