Skip to content

Woman Claims E-Cigarette Exploded, Shot 4-Foot Flames Across Living Room

Woman Claims E-Cigarette Exploded, Shot 4-Foot Flames Across Living Room

ATLANTA – “It wasn’t a boom, it wasn’t a pop…it was a Kaboom.  It sounded like a bomb. My walls rattled. It shook the house up. I screamed. It was a real freak out moment.” These are the words of a Grant Park woman who is claiming that an electronic cigarette she purchased with the intention of getting healthy, exploded, shooting flames across her living room, charring a sofa and a rug. 

Elizabeth Wilkowski used the rag in the picture above to protect her hand when she removed the E-cigarette from her computer’s USB port where it had been charging. 

“If I hadn’t had been home, I would have lost my dogs, I would have lost my cats, I would have lost my house,” Wilkowski told a reporter. 

But those words did not move a local retailer, Doris Holmes, who just opened her own e-cigarette shop. Holmes downplayed the events, “Anything that’s electronic and plugs into electricity, you have the potential for it catching on fire. I don’t leave my dishwasher running when I leave my home.”

According to E-cigarette trade association figures there are roughly 3.5 million of the devices in use. 

Photo WSBTV.com 


Comment count on this article reflects comments made on Breitbart.com and Facebook. Visit Breitbart's Facebook Page.