Last August, NFL tight end Clay Harbor suffered a wrist injury while playing football on the reality TV show the Bachelorette. Now Harbor is reporting himself ready for duty and hoping to put the embarrassing incident behind him.
Harbor took to Twitter this week in a June 11 tweet to tell fans that he feels he is sufficiently recovered from his wrist injury to get back to playing pro football.
“That being said the show was filmed months ago and after a tough rehab I am finally ready to play some football,” he wrote. “I look forward to finding a team and seeing you all on NFL Sunday’s. Thanks for all thoughts and prayers!”
That being said the show was filmed months ago and after a tough rehab I am finally ready to play some football. I look forward to finding a team and seeing you all on NFL Sunday’s. Thanks for all thoughts and prayers!
— Clay Harbor (@clayharbs82) June 12, 2018
During the filming of the TV relationship/game show last year, Harbor hurt himself while playing a football game against the amateurs on the show. If that wasn’t embarrassing enough, the injury was so serious that he had to quit the TV competition series to get surgery on his arm.
Then he had to undergo months of rehab to get back into shape enough to announce that he can return to football.
The injury cost Clay the entire 2017 season.
It remains to be seen if the Saints will take him off the injured list and put him back into rotation.
A 2010 fourth-round Eagles pick, Harbor’s best pro season so far is 2014 when he caught 26 passes for 289 yards and a touchdown with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Follow Warner Todd Huston on Twitter @warnerthuston.