Breitbart News is providing live coverage of Winter Storm Juno, which is expected to bring blizzard conditions to much of the northeastern United States.
A border bill introduced by House Homeland Security Committee chairman Rep. Mike McCaul (R-TX) has less than 50 miles of border fencing because McCaul thinks it would cost American taxpayers too much to secure the whole border, McCaul aides tell Breitbart News. In addition, committee materials that were distributed to House Republicans in an effort to win their support for the bill contain provably false information—specifically a claim that there are already 652 miles of double-layer fencing, of the 700 miles required by law, built on the U.S. border with Mexico.
Sen. John McCain praised Clint Eastwood for his film "American Sniper" and chided critics for lashing out against the film.
Conservatives aren't finished opposing Speaker John Boehner. Neither, apparently, is Rep. Daniel Webster (R-FL). The historic repudiation of Boehner has introduced a new element of chaos into the GOP conference that threatens to explode anew as the Ohio Republican moves at breakneck speed to bring immigration bills to the floor.
Sen. Rand Paul signaled that the Senate should give President Obama room to negotiate with Iran before it votes on economic sanctions on the country. “If it fails I will vote to resume sanctions and I would vote to-- vote to actually have new sanctions,” he said. “But if you do it in the middle of the negotiations you're ruining it.”
On Monday Darcie Johnston, head of Vermonters for Health Care Freedom, told Breitbart News that Gruber may have a "phantom billing" problem. It centers around whether Gruber actually paid $80,000 to assistants. In addition to the state of Vermont, the state of Minnesota, the House Government Oversight and Reform Committee have confirmed and the Inspector General's Office of the Department of Health and Human Services is considering conducting inquiries into Gruber's billing practices and consulting contracts.
On Monday, Virginia's Republican-controlled Senate Courts of Justice panel rejected Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe's (D) plan for limiting handgun purchases to one a month and placing new regulations on gun shows.
Former South Carolina Senator, Jim DeMint, appearing on Breitbart News Sunday explained that he wouldn’t have left the U.S. senate for any other organization other than The Heritage Foundation. “They are the flagship of the conservative movement. People all over the country listen to our policy ideas,” he proudly stated.
Five planes throughout the United States were diverted or immediately grounded due to various security threats over the weekend.
A new caucus aimed at pushing “an agenda of limited, constitutional government" is up-and-running, launched by nine conservative members of the House of Representatives. “The House Freedom Caucus gives a voice to countless Americans who feel that Washington does not represent them,” the group’s mission statement reads.
According to the pundits, this weekend’s Iowa Freedom Summit recalibrated the Republican presidential field. The summit, run by archconservative Rep. Steve King (R-IA), drew candidates from across the spectrum – and shook up the widespread perceptions of frontrunners versus also-rans. Here are the weekend’s big winners and losers.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- The gender factor: Is that actually an obstacle for Hillary Clinton? 26 Jan 2015, 7:10 PM PDT
- Spokesman: Iowa governor taken by ambulance to hospital after falling ill26 Jan 2015, 11:43 AM PDT
- Argentine prosecutor, found dead, reportedly said Rouhani involved in bombing decision26 Jan 2015, 11:24 AM PDT
- Dropkick Murphys tell Gov. Walker: 'We literally hate you'26 Jan 2015, 10:51 AM PDT
- Obama administration to overhaul Medicare payments to doctors, hospitals26 Jan 2015, 10:43 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Federal government lends hand for Super Bowl security, deploying technology from border26 Jan 2015, 12:18 PM PDT
- Feds announce charges in Russian spy ring case, say 3 defendants tried to recruit New Yorkers26 Jan 2015, 12:17 PM PDT
- Twins who rose to top of drug world eligible for light sentence after informing on drug lord26 Jan 2015, 11:45 AM PDT
- Jury in CIA leak trial says it can't reach unanimous verdict26 Jan 2015, 11:36 AM PDT
- Court: Ex-Virginia Gov. McDonnell can remain free during his appeal of corruption convictions26 Jan 2015, 11:30 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Serena, Venus land in Aussie quarters26 Jan 2015, 12:15 PM PDT
- Milan's El Shaarawy to miss six weeks26 Jan 2015, 12:14 PM PDT
- South Carolina still No. 1 in women's hoops poll26 Jan 2015, 12:11 PM PDT
- Inter duo out with hamstring injuries26 Jan 2015, 12:10 PM PDT
- James, Thompson named NBA Players of the Week26 Jan 2015, 12:07 PM PDT