Jail and Deportation Order For Migrant Male Who Beat and Raped Teen Girl in Manchester Hotels

Greater Manchester Police

A man has been jailed after subjecting a teenage girl to a brutal rape and beating, following which he forced her to clean up her own blood and filmed it on his mobile phone.

Manchester Crown Court heard that Agampodi Dezoysa waged a month-long campaign of psychological, sexual, and physical abuse after he  “latched on” to the girl following a party at which the pair met.

Before launching a string of sex attacks, the 25-year-old — who has since been diagnosed with a personality disorder — manipulated his victim by creating what the judge called a “delusional landscape … [which] would have been very frightening for a girl of her age”.

Professing to be the son of a wealthy oil company boss with properties around the globe, Dezoysa boasted of having bodyguards and claimed “police couldn’t go anywhere near him” because he was under the protection of UK security services, the Manchester Evening News reports.

To further intimidate his victim, the Sri Lankan told her he was a serial killer who had murdered 37 people including having “strangled a woman and snapped her neck because she had shot his grandmother”.

Prosecutor Frank Dillon told the court Dezoysa raped the teenager four times, first in October 2016 at a hotel in Manchester, then ten days after when he raped her twice at a Travelodge, where she refused when he “pestered her for sex”.

The former Manchester Metropolitan University student was arrested in November 2016 after brutally assaulting his victim and trashing the room of the Liverpool hotel they were staying in.

The court heard that after going out drinking in Manchester, Dezoysa became “paranoid”, and upon returning to the hotel demanded his victim strip naked, before punching and kicking her in the face when she was on the floor.

Ripping the television set out of the wall, he then proceeded to beat her on the head with one of the speakers from the room and then choked the girl until she lost consciousness.

The victim was then forced to clean up the mess made from Dezoysa’s rampage, including her own blood, while her attacker filmed the scene on his mobile phone, Mr. Dillon told the court.

After that, the defendant fell asleep, at which point his victim was able to escape and report the assault, and Dezoysa was later arrested at the hotel room.

As a result of the brutal attacks, the teenager required hospital treatment for injuries sustained in the brutal attack, as well as discovering the assailant had given her a sexually-transmitted infection.

Sentencing, Judge Martin Rudland told Dezoysa: “I consider you a danger and significant risk to the public of serious harm if you are not closely monitored in future.”

The Sri Lankan national, who is set to be deported after serving his sentence due to the serious nature of his offences, was handed a 12-year jail term with an extended licence period of five years.


Please let us know if you're having issues with commenting.