Kenneth “Buddy” Barfield, a former campaign manager and political advisor to former Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst, will spend more than seven years in federal prison for embezzling nearly $2 million from campaign accounts over a five-year period. The sentence was handed down Friday by a federal judge. Barfield had pleaded guilty in October, 2014.
Governor Greg Abbott spoke to Houston business leaders about his legislative agenda to make Texas “even stronger.” In a speech before the Greater Houston Partnership, Gov. Abbott reiterated the key elements of his State of the State speech he delivered to a joint session of the Texas Legislature on February 17th.
Former Texas Governor Rick Perry received a strong positive reaction from the audience at CPAC when he said America must secure its border before we can talk about immigration reform. Perry also touted the Texas model that led the state
Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced his plans to double the Texas budget for border security. A detailed plan from the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) exposed this week reveals what the department will ask the 84th Legislative Session to provide. A
The remains of yet another illegal immigrant was found in Brooks County, eighty miles from the Texas-Mexico border. This unidentified immigrant is unique in that he has distinctive gold dental work, including a gold star on his front tooth. The remains
A leaked report from the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) states that border surge was largely a success. The report cites numbers indicating a reduction in illegal immigrant border crossings and cartel activity. The report lays the foundation for Texas Governor Greg Abbott’s plan to increase the number of permanent DPS troopers along the Texas-Mexico border.
Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced the issuance of a $1.2 million grant to the City of North Richland Hills to establish an anti-gang center. The North Texas Anti-Gang Center will be tasked with combatting organized gang activities in an eleven-county region.
Justice moved slowly for an Arizona Army National Guardsman who fled to Mexico to avoid prosecution after a 2002 drug trafficking and bribery case came to light. The former Arizona Army National Guard (AANG) sergeant was sentenced on February 20 to serve fifty-two months in prison for the scheme where he accepted bribes in exchange for using his military position to protect shipments of cocaine.
For the second time in as many polls, U.S. Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) leads the pack among Texas Republican voters as their top choice among potential 2016 presidential candidates, but just barely. Cruz has dropped back from twenty-seven percent to twenty percent but still maintained his lead. Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker jumped from two percent of the vote in an October, 2014 poll to nineteen percent in Tuesday’s University of Texas/Texas Tribune Poll. Former Governor Rick Perry (R-Texas) fell from a second place finish in the October poll to fifth place in the current poll. Perry's support has been cut in half – down from fourteen to seven percent.
About two hundred gun rights activists gathered on the south steps of the Texas Capitol to show support for expanding gun rights in Texas on Saturday. While much of the talk was about gun rights, many of the speakers used the word that Governor Greg Abbott used in his State of the State address this week when he said, “Let me briefly follow up on a word I mentioned a moment ago – liberty. In a single word, it encapsulates what this country stands for, what Texas symbolizes. I will expand liberty in Texas by signing a law that makes Texas the 45th state to allow open carry.”
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- California farmers could go without federal water as drought continues28 Feb 2015, 4:00 AM PDT
- Beer battle brewing in Congress as craft producers seek tax break27 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- 'Knives are out': Hawaii Dem faces backlash for taking on Obama over 'Islamist' extremism27 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Congress OKs stopgap DHS funding bill, lawmakers remain at impasse in immigration fight27 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Jeb Bush stands firm on controversial immigration, education policies at CPAC27 Feb 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Wesleyan overdoses happened even as the school stepped up enforcement efforts28 Feb 2015, 6:01 AM PDT
- Woman dies after falling into frigid New York City's East River28 Feb 2015, 5:01 AM PDT
- Prosecutor: Life plus 50 years for man in death of boy forced to hold paint cans as punishment28 Feb 2015, 3:01 AM PDT
- 3-year-old Texas boy accidentally shoots himself in head, police say28 Feb 2015, 2:04 AM PDT
- Denver teen killed by police suffered 4 gunshot wounds, autopsy shows28 Feb 2015, 1:37 AM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Lewis clings to lead in Thailand28 Feb 2015, 5:43 AM PDT
- Team XTREME No. 44 race car found in suburban Atlanta, too late to make this weekend's race28 Feb 2015, 5:16 AM PDT
- Stacy Lewis' lead down to 1 stroke at LPGA Thailand after 3rd-round 7328 Feb 2015, 4:33 AM PDT
- Spurs beat short-handed Kings28 Feb 2015, 12:22 AM PDT
- Rory McIlroy's road to the Masters takes a swift detour at Honda Classic28 Feb 2015, 12:17 AM PDT