On March 4, Gabby Giffords joined with Democrat lawmakers on Capitol Hill to push for background checks at gun shows as a way of "stopping violence." The NRA responded by tweeting a Breitbart News report which pointed out that Giffords's January 2011 attacker—Jared Loughner—passed a background check to acquire the Glock with which he carried out his attack.
Michael Bloomberg-funded gun control groups Everytown for Gun Safety and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America are currently running a television ad against Campus Carry which says, "Backpacks and bullets don't mix."
On March 5, Bokeelia, Florida, resident John Marshall allegedly shot and killed his neighbor in self-defense, then loaded the body into his pickup truck and drove 25 miles to his attorney's office.
On March 4, Sheriff Donny Youngblood of Kern County, California, said the ATF's attempt to ban M855 ammo seems like an attempt "to create a problem that doesn't actually exist."
On March 4, House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-VA-6th Dist.) and 237 other lawmakers signed and sent a letter to the ATF expressing their opposition to the proposed M855 ammo ban.
On March 4, Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) executive director James Pasco said Obama's proposed ban on M855 ammo is not necessary.
On March 4, the Huffington Post claimed rendering guns inoperable, via a "trigger lock," or inaccessible, via a safe, could save lives.
Handgun sales in California broke a 21-year-old record in 2014, and at the same time, firearm-related murders fell to their lowest rate in over 20 years.
Gabby Giffords demands that everyone buying a gun be required to undergo the same background check Jared Loughner underwent to acquire the Glock he used to shoot her in 2011.
On March 4 at around 1:30 a.m., a Fulton County, Georgia, police officer was shot and killed in an ambush.
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- Exclusive: Internal cable from Clinton State Department office barred use of personal email5 Mar 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Sledders defy police with 'sled-in' protest on Capitol Hill5 Mar 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Majority of House members sign letter blasting Obama bullet ban proposal5 Mar 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Clinton created multiple email addresses on private server, data show 5 Mar 2015, 6:40 PM PDT
- Krauthammer on Clinton email scandal: 'She's a Clinton. And what the Clintons do is, never clear the air'5 Mar 2015, 5:55 PM PDT
Fox News National
- Federal judge shot, wounded in Detroit robbery attempt6 Mar 2015, 1:00 AM PDT
- Truck driver fell asleep before colliding with car, school bus in Washington, officials say5 Mar 2015, 10:35 PM PDT
- Crude oil freight train derails in Illinois, no injuries reported5 Mar 2015, 10:00 PM PDT
- Protesters at US Air Force base in southern Nevada calling for stop to drone strikes abroad5 Mar 2015, 7:32 PM PDT
- Philadelphia police officer shot in head, killed, trying to stop robbery at video game store5 Mar 2015, 7:02 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Coyotes edge Canucks in shootout5 Mar 2015, 10:23 PM PDT
- Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Tournament Recaps5 Mar 2015, 10:13 PM PDT
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Recaps5 Mar 2015, 10:10 PM PDT
- '15 Season Preview: D.C. United eye Cup run5 Mar 2015, 10:01 PM PDT
- Arizona crushes Cal, claims Pac-12 outright crown5 Mar 2015, 9:51 PM PDT