Following a Sunday predawn attack, Nigerian forces lost the town of Monguno, in northeastern Borno state, to Boko Haram fighters.
On Monday, Virginia's Republican-controlled Senate Courts of Justice panel rejected Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe's (D) plan for limiting handgun purchases to one a month and placing new regulations on gun shows.
On January 26, Aljazeera ran a special report on the state of gun control in America, which included a quote on how Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America is making efforts to "undo the damage the NRA has done."
On January 25 Slate magazine published an article revolving around the NRA's warning that we live in a dangerous world best answered by owning a gun. They argue that the call to gun ownership for self-defense is false, that it is part of a great myth which has clouded the minds of Americans and resulted in a "misguided" expansion of gun ownership, and therefore, expanded crime.
Just after midnight on January 22, an armed man drove up beside a pedestrian in Dallas, Texas, demanded money, and was then shot and killed when the would-be victim turned out to have a concealed carry license and a handgun on his person.
New York Times columnist Charles M. Blow is "fuming" over the fact that his black son was stopped and questioned by police on Saturday as they searched for a black robbery suspect.
Speaking at Iowa’s Freedom Summit on January 24, former Hewlett Packard CEO and possible Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina explained differences between herself and the Democrat’s favorite female candidate, Hillary Clinton. One of those differences is that Fiorina understands that
NAVY Seal sniper Chris Kyle's widow Taya Kyle was left speechless after receiving a check for the proceeds from a raffle of a replica of Kyle's sniper rifle on Friday.
On January 23, the Tampa Bay Times reacted to campus carry legislation being considered in Florida by suggesting, having guns on campus for self-defense is "imprudent" and will not make campuses safer.
On January 22, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America founder Shannon Watts seized upon the tragic news of a toddler shooting his 9-month-old brother to argue that toddlers shooting children is the "new normal."
From Our Partners
Fox News Politics
- The gender factor: Is that actually an obstacle for Hillary Clinton? 26 Jan 2015, 7:10 PM PDT
- Spokesman: Iowa governor taken by ambulance to hospital after falling ill26 Jan 2015, 11:43 AM PDT
- Argentine prosecutor, found dead, reportedly said Rouhani involved in bombing decision26 Jan 2015, 11:24 AM PDT
- Dropkick Murphys tell Gov. Walker: 'We literally hate you'26 Jan 2015, 10:51 AM PDT
- Obama administration to overhaul Medicare payments to doctors, hospitals26 Jan 2015, 10:43 AM PDT
Fox News National
- Feds: 3 charged in connection with Russian spy ring in New York26 Jan 2015, 2:00 PM PDT
- Ex-CIA officer convicted of leaking secrets to reporter 26 Jan 2015, 1:33 PM PDT
- Idaho lawmakers hear testimony about bill that would have protections for sexual orientation26 Jan 2015, 1:01 PM PDT
- Unlicensed, intoxicated driver who killed 2 cyclists during bike ride gets 15 to 40 years26 Jan 2015, 1:00 PM PDT
- Report: 911 calls show mother apologized after allegedly setting baby afire on roadway26 Jan 2015, 12:46 PM PDT
Fox News Sports
- Reds reach deal with C Mesoraco26 Jan 2015, 1:22 PM PDT
- Isles' Okposo sidelined 6-8 weeks26 Jan 2015, 1:09 PM PDT
- Revis makes these Patriots different26 Jan 2015, 1:02 PM PDT
- Sabres suspend D Zadorov26 Jan 2015, 12:54 PM PDT
- Solo could be left off World Cup roster; USSF won't say if she's to undergo alcohol treatment26 Jan 2015, 12:52 PM PDT